WARNING: This is just a study on the tools. I DO NOT encourage you to use them. The source code that I will show is intended to be used ONLY on learning purposes.
On my last entry, you found that the Anti-Anti-Wikileaks (Pro Wikileaks, you know all about double negations) groups are using LOIC (Low Orbit Ion Cannon) to provoke DDoS attacks on several sites.
So far I have found 3 tools that makes all the “good” job.
- LOIC: It means “Low Orbit Ion Cannon”, and is an open source network stress testing application, written in C#. Initially developed by Praetox Technologies but later released in the public domain. Can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/loic/, but the root is: http://praetox.com/n.php/sw/sauce. This tool used Framework 3.5, but if it’s upgraded to .Net 4 and makes use of TPL (yes, I did it, and NO I WON’T release it’s source) can gain some more performance.
- IRC LOIC: Found on https://github.com/NewEraCracker/LOIC/zipball/22.214.171.124 this is the source of the (one of the latest?, you need to lurk more seriously on 4chan’s /b forum to see if there is a newer version) versions of LOIC. It varies from the original LOIC on the fact that it can connect to a IRC server and be controlled from a room by it’s operators (the users prefixed by “@”) . This creates a voluntary botnet called “Hive Mind”. It’s controlled by the members of Anonymous Group.
- LOIQ: Located on http://sourceforge.net/projects/loiq/, is a C++/Qt4, port of the original LOIC intended to be executed on X (Mainly Linux, but also Mac OS X).
- JavaLOIC: http://www.mediafire.com/?9rfblvej3ycd8dt Not open sourced, but the .jar file is not secured. Maybe the source can be obtained after using a Java Decompiler
- HOIC: It means “High Orbit Ion Cannon”. Located on http://hoic.99k.org/ it claims to be open sourced, but I couldn’t find the source. It Cannot be remotely controlled, but is way more powerful than LOIC.
- GOIC: Acronym of “Geosynchronous orbital ion cannon” http://pastebin.com/FH6njMew is a public domain tool that has been released but has no transcendence (so far).
As you can see, there is a lot of tools being used, on this matter, but those are the ones related to the Wikileaks-Anonymous matter (as far as I know)